20001026: Gempak installation / Building NetCDF for decoders

Luis,

This message from your C++ compiler implies that the c++ library
on your system is not up to date with your compiler. You can build
the netcdf library without the C++ support (GEMPAK does not utilize that
anyhow).

Add to $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.osf the line:
NCOPT = "CXX= "

then, clean the netcdf library build with:

cd $NAWIPS/netcdf
rm -rf osf

cd $GEMPAK/source/netcdf-3.4
make clean

The you should be able to build the netcdf library with:
cd $GEMPAK/source/netcdf-3.4
make all

Once this succeeds, Go back to $NAWIPS and start the GEMPAK build again with:
cd $NAWIPS
make all

Steve Chiswell