20001001: GEMPAK won't run anymore!

Christian,

You probably either have a hung gplt process, killed a running program, or
logged out without running gpend on a session.

Use the /bin/ps commans to see if you have any running gplt processes
and any other xw, gf or other gempak device drivers of programs running.
If you find any runnig processes, use the unix kill command to terminate them.

Then, look for any existing message queues that may be still open.
Use the "ipcs" command. If any message queus are still open, use the
"ipcrm -q queid" unix command to clean them up. The queue id is that
shown with the ipcs command.

After cleaning things up, you should be able to launch programs as before.
If you want more information, see the tutorial section on system administration
and gpend.

Stave Chiswell
Unidata User Support