20000823: Gempak, time series

Luis,

Send email to address@hidden. That is fine. The support-gempak address
I use on the outbound mail is to file the support question in our online
tracking system which lets you search back through the GEMPAK support archives
regarding certain topics.

In regards to your gdtser question, Generally when you plot your ETA fields,
they just use TIME1 for f000-f048. The gdstat output grids use 2 times
(TIME1:TIME2) to define the period over which your average is taken-
however this is to complex for gdtser which is looking for a single time.

So, you can use GDDIAG to rename the grids, eg:

GFUNC = AVETMPC
GLEVEL = 2
GVCORD = HAGL
GDATTIM = 990701/0000f024:990731/0000F024
GRDNAM = AVETMPC^990715/0000f024

In the above, the output grid will be named AVETMPC with only a single
time of F024 for July 15, 1999. You would run this for each
of your forecast times.

After completion, you will have these grids renamed into your grid file
with a single time (I picked the midpoint of the time average...but
you could use July 1 or July 31- whatever.

Now, it should be straight forward to plot the forecast times in
gdtser just as you would the individual ETA grids.

Steve Chiswell