20000818: problem with 8 bit color and ldm error

Rajul,

Did you run the "xdpyinfo" command before trying to make modifications to
Xservers?

Output from that command would be useful in determining if your machine
normally boots with the default visual as 8 bit pseudocolor. In that case
you don't need to modify the Xservers file. If you do, the command
line arguments to Xsun are in the manpage:

setenv MANPATH /usr/openwin/man:${MANPATH}
man Xsun

If you are in 8 bit pseudocolor, then you will want to ensure that
the "ntl" program can access the colors it needs. Some Solaris CDE programs
such as the anserbook that come up automatically steal lots of colors
and may have to be shut down before running GEMPAK.

Please send the xdpyinfo putput if you aren't sure if your default
visual is 8 0r 24 bits.

I'll forward the LDM question to others to answer.

Steve Chiswell