20000818: 20000818: problem with 8 bit color and ldm error

Rajul,

The output below shows that you are running with a 24 bit
true color display as the default visual:

>  default visual id:  0x20
>  visual:
>    visual id:    0x20
>    class:    TrueColor

This does have to be configured to be 8 bit pseudocolor.

The "defdepth 8" or "defclass PseudoColor" should be the
appropriate option in the Xservers. You may have to examing your
logs to find out what the appropriate /dev is for your system.

Steve Chiswell