points missing and GDTSER

I have been tasked to make fcst meteograms..and the problem I am
running into is that GDTSER will not produce output if any points
are missing during the forecast period.  I will be doing these through scripts
so goping back and redoing it with a different time period is not
an option.  Is there anyway around this?

I had previously thought that GDTHGT does the same thing, but I am looking at
aplot here where it just skipped the missing time, but gdtser will not
produce output(Error 10) because of missing data from that time.

Robert Mullenax