20000726: brightness legend on satellite pictures

>From: "C. Vandersip" <address@hidden>

>Feedback....
>
>1.  sounder_luts.tar untarred into gempak/tables/luts instead of
>gempak5.4/tables/luts/.  No big deal, though.  Just copied them into
>gempak5.4/tables/luts/.

Ok...a feature of tarring up out of the new...non-5.4 tree.
I repacked with gempak5.4 as the directory.

>2.  All the tables work great except one. The file "snd_li.tbl" doesn't
>exist, so I used "li.tbl", which is OK, but the color range is not really
>optimal (IMO) for lifted index.

Ok...I hate the RAMSDIS colors as well. I put my own li_upc.tbl in now
in the tarfile mentioned above..

>3.  The SST color scheme produces black where the raw value=1, but yellow
>where the raw value=2, so I had to do a roll of 1 to correct this (i.e.,
>make the areas of raw=2 also show black).

Ok...That was my intent I think following the CIMMS page:
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/realtime/latest.gesstc.gif

But, I changed this in the tarfile for just black for both the landmask,
clouds etc.

Always improving...

Steve Chiswell