20000726: DATTIM when plotting NGM MOS

>From: address@hidden (Chris Hennon)

>Steve -
>
>I'd like to create graphical forecast analyses out to 54 hours for my NGM
>MOS data.  What I can't figure out is how to automatically handle the
>'DATTIM' parameter to encompass all of the forecast times in the NGM MOS
>file.  For example, lets say that I want to run my script on the
>2000073000.nmos file.  I would need oabsfc to process the following times:
>
>00073006
>00073012
>00073018
>00073100
>00073106
>00073112
>00073118
>00080100
>00080106
>00080112
>
>Setting DATTIM = all doesn't seem to do the trick.  Short of writing up
>complicated csh code, is there a solution?  For numerical models already
>gridded it was easy with the 'f0xx' designation in the GDATTIM parameter.
>Then you didn't have to worry about months and days.  Thanks.
>
>Chris

>| Chris Hennon        Ohio State University   |
>| Tropical Meteorology      address@hidden   |
>|                                              |
>| Dept of Geography   Office: 1155 Derby Hall  |
>| 1036 Derby Hall     Phone : (614) 292-2704   |
>| Columbus, OH 43210  Fax   : (614) 292-6213   |

Chris,

I'm not sure why DATTIM=all doesn't do the trick for you.

Although, you may be having a simple problem which you can see
when you run interactively.

Using:
 SFFILE   = $GEMDATA/mos/2000072612_nmos.gem
 GDFILE   = ngmgrid.gem
 SFPARM   = tmpf
 DATTIM   = all
 DTAAREA  = dset
 GEMPAK-OABSFC>

when I run, I get:

OABSFC PARAMETERS:
<stuff>

Enter <cr> to accept parameters or type EXIT:

Time:                   000726/1800
<morestuff>
Pass1, pass2

Then the prompt again for the next time:
Time:                   000726/2100
Enter <cr> to accept parameters or type EXIT:

So, if your oabsfc invocation had:

oabsfc << EOF
<stuff>

EOF

Then the program would exit after the first time is gridded if you
have the exit at that point. It would be possible- but combersome to
use the above, with a return for every prompt from the program.

The alternative is to simply use:

oabsfc << EOF
$respond = n
<stuff>
run

EOF
oabsfc << EOF1
$respond = yes
exit
EOF1

The $respond GEMPAK parameter tells the program not to prompt you for response
each time.
You will definitely want to remember to set this back to $respond=yes if you
are going
to do anymore work in this directory...with $respond=no, the program exits as
soon
as it is done, without gining you a chance to do anything else.

The other solution is to use the sfctime program I mentioned to you last time
to get the times in the file, then foreach time, run oabsfc.

If this isn't the problem you are having, let me know.

Steve Chiswell