20000720: ukmogrib3.tbl file

Art,

When the decoder tries to decode the grib product, it uses ths edition number
in the grib (3 in this case) to define the two parameter tables:
wmogrib3.tbl for parameter numbers 1-127, and the center specific table
ukmogrib3.tbl for parameters 128-255. In this case, you get the log message
since the ukmogrib3.tbl file doesn't exist.

However, unless ukmet includes a locally defined parameter in their grib's,
then the 128-255 numbers are not used. I haven't seen that they are providing
anything other that WMO defined parameters. So, the missing table is just a
warning.
You would get another error message giving the level, time, parameter center
and edition
if a parameter is not able to be identified.

You can eliminate the log messages by touching  $GEMTBL/grid/ukmogrib3.tbl
as a zero length file. At this point, there are no defined 128-255 parameters
for
ukmogrib3.tbl that are being broadcast.

Steve Chiswell