20000719: updated gif driver

John,

NCEP will include the gif driver. I have gotten a working version
up here.

They also have several of the functions you mention, including mask,
greater/less than thresholds etc. I'll be going through the other
suggestions you have.

FYI, in going through gdp, I found:

hsdatt.f:           CALL HSCINT (lastbl, iret)

however,
hscint.f:        SUBROUTINE HSCINT  ( iret )

I removed the lastbl parameter from the CALL since the number of parameters
did not match...and it is not being used in the subroutine.

Also, in hsctbl.f, the following is an error:

            lastbl = coltbl

Since nothing else now uses lastbl (eg hsdatt.f), I commented this out.
Its an error since lastbl is an integer and coltbl is a char*80.
Also, this routine does not include driver.cmn which has lastbl in the
common block. I guss that can be completely removed.

Thanks for making the post,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport