20000707: DCHRLY Decoder

James,

GEMPAK deals in 1 case since the early VMS systems only allowed that.
When invboking the decoder from the ldm, you should be able to
use the relative path to data/gempak/surface if you have that
path under LDM, so you can avoid your WarmTop path.

Typically, you would find that if you named the file
YYYYMMDD_SAO.GEM, you should get the output file
as YYYYMMDD_sao.gem. However, when the paths to the
tables are not convertible, you would have trouble.

The basics of DC decoders are described in Chapter 5 of the user guide...
dchrly will become dcmetr in GEMPAK 5.5

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support