20000706: gempak sfmod command

Donna,

It turns out that sfmod uses the sf_atim call to add the new time to the
output file, and this routine cannot be used with a ship file ifthe time
does not already exist in the output file.

The easiest way around this is to use sflist to output the data to
a text file using SFPARM=slat;slon;dset.

Then, used sfedit to read the data into the new file
(you can use TIMSTN=1/9999 in sfcfil...the times/stns are all
intermixed in the ship file). THis will be slower than sfmod, but
does work for me.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support