20000626: GEMPAK/netCDF files

>From: Jason Vandervest <address@hidden>

>I was curious if you could send some information on converting netCDF
>files into a format that GEMPAK can use.  Is there a GEMPAK program to do
>this (similar to "nagrib" with grib files)?  Thank you for the help.
>Jason
>
>Jason Vandervest
>Graduate Student / Research Assistant
>Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
>University of Wisconsin - Madison
>(608)265-9200
>address@hidden
>http://marrella.meteor.wisc.edu/~vanderve

Jason,

It really depends on the NetCDF file, since every NetCDF file can have its own
convention for coordinate and parameter naming.

I do have a NetCDF to gempak converter all ready for NCAR/NCEP reanalysis data
in $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcreanal. Building and use of this program
is covered in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/3066

Steve Chiswell