20000608: gempak/decoders

>From: Thomas Don Aratari <address@hidden>

>Hello
>
>I wrote you the other day asking for some help with what to edit in the
>pqact.conf in order to get the data to read in gempak/garp and idiot me I
>deleted it. Can someone help me again? I guess I need to know what I need
>to decode and is there anyway I can do the regular expressions?
>
>Another question, when I run ntl , depending on the graphics use on the
>machine, it complains about not having enough colors allocated. Any way to
>get around this?
>
>Tom

>Thomas Aratari                 address@hidden
>UofM ITD Contract Services     System/Desktop Administration
>Pager: 670-3861                        E-Page: address@hidden
>AOSS Building -
>       LDM/Systems Admin       (734) ???-????
>SOE Building -
>       Desktop Support         (734) 764-9903

Tom,

The pqact.conf examples for decoders as well as NWX entries can be found in the
Gempak tutorial pages as well as Gempak Examples. From the GEMPAK home page at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/
follow the link to examples, and then under the ldmadmin section, see the
decoder examples.

The tutorial can be found under "help and documentation"

If you have other color intensive applications running, you can cut down on
ntl's request through command line ooptions. By default, ntl tries to
reserve 128 colors for satellite images. You can cut this in half to
64 by launching ntl with:
   "ntl -s 64".

You should launch ntl before other programs like web browsers that can get
other visuals.

Steve Chiswell