20000517: GDTHGT won't produce an image if there are missing forecast times.

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Hi Robert-

>I have found that if you use gdthgt to produce forecast wind profiles
>for let's say f000-f060..if there are any missing times in there
>it will say there are missing times and won't produce an image.

Does this happen if you use GDATTIM=all? (which may not be what you
want).  Can you put one of your grid files out on FTP so I can play
around with it?  It's tough for me to try since we aren't missing
times in our grids.

The other idea would be to specify the times that are available
individually separated by semi-colons, but you probably want this
to work out of a script without intervention.

>Ever since NSI began routing us through UCAID our connection
>to cirrus.al.noaa.gov (or anywhere else) has gotten much
>worse so this happens a lot.  is there anyway to tell gdthgt
>to just produce the image with the missing times.

Not that I'm aware of.

>Also,
>what would be the possibility of being able to ftp GEMPAK model
>grid files from you guys when we lose data.

Your best bet would be to send a note to need-data or ldm-users
and ask if someone would be willing to do this for you.

Don