20000516: shef

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Art-

>> Can you send me your pqact.conf entry?  I would think that the -m
>> flag would set the number of times in the file and the template
>> you use would determine the filename.
>
>#
># SHEF reports
>#
>DDS|IDS        ^(SR)...* .... ([0-3][0-9])
>       PIPE    /opt1/gempak/NAWIPS/bin/sol/dcshef -v 1 -b 36 -m 96
>       -d data/gempak/logs/dcshef.log
>       -p /opt1/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak5.4/tables/pack/shef.pack
>       -s /opt1/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak5.4/tables/stns/shefstns.tbl
>       data/gempak/surface/YYMMDD_shef.gem
>
>> I don't think there is anything you can do about dates in the future,
>> but you should be able to limit the past dates with the -b flag which
>> specifies Number of hours to decode prior to "current" time.
>
>I have a -b 36 (above) but it creates files for whenever it wishes.  There
>are files there now for February and March 2000 but were just
>created/updated in the last few days.

Hmmm, the -b should work and your pattern looks okay.  Could be a bug.

For the 15 minute problem, have you tried using -m 24 instead of -m 96?

>> I would think it more that there is not support in the parameter selector
>> for modifiers to parameter names rather than a 4 character limit.
>
>We've also tried doing this directly from gempak (no garp involvement) and
>it gives the same result, if that's what you're getting at.

Yup, that's what I was driving at.  Does this work for you with non-shef
data?  Try running sfmap and use TMPC*1000 and see what you get.

If you can wait until Chiz gets back next week, he can probably find
the problems quickly.  If you need this cleared up before then, I can try
to delve into the source to find what might be causing the problems.  Let
me know.

Don