20000427: increasing the number of grids for nmc2 feed eta212

>From: "David J. Knight" <address@hidden>

>Does increasing it that much have a significant effect on file size
>(especially for files that are normally small)?
>Otherwise that would seem to give plenty of headroom.
>
>David
>>
>> I've defined MMHDRS=30,000 currently for the next distribution thinking
>> about ACARS, NLDN, shef and other growing observations. If you have any thou
> ghts
>> on that size, let me know.

I think the file creation using an appropriate maxtimes, or maxstns
should keep the header size down. So, I will probably set a default
maxgrids in dcgrib as 2000 or 5000.

I think a good hour in the summer can still exceed 30,000 lightning strikes.
I'd like to get away from special ltgmap and ltglist versions of the surface
programs. Maybe 1/2 hourly lightning files. The problem with too many files
is slowing down the Garp and NMAP searches. Fewer files is better. Do you have
any feeling for the maximum number of flashes we should store in a single file?

Chiz