Re: 20000313: Garp problem: Qvec_s

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Unidata Support wrote:

> >From: David Wojtowicz <address@hidden>
>
> David,
>
> I had the same problem you encountered withe the Qvec_s function.
> I was able to comment out the definition of function2 and break up the
> function into smaller pieces like:
>
> function  = s=ldf(hght)//ldfh
> !function2=v=smul(quo(-4.9e11,ldf(pres)),vasv(qvec(ldfh,vlav(geo)),kcrs(grad(ldfh))))
> function2=s=quo(-4.9e11,ldf(pres))//term1
> function3=v=smul(term1,vasv(qvec(ldfh,vlav(geo)),kcrs(grad(ldfh))))
>
> This appears to be handled fine. The problem may be that working heap needed
> for
> the function has increased past what I defined for the UPC distribution.
>
> Steve Chiswell
> Unidata User Support

Thanks Steve,  that did the trick.   We thought about breaking it
up in looking at it but weren't aware that you could use
a function3.   Am distributing the fix to my many installations
now.

 David Wojtowicz, Research Programmer/Systems Manager
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 email: address@hidden  phone: (217)333-8390