20000313: Garp problem: Qvec_s

>From: David Wojtowicz <address@hidden>

David,

I had the same problem you encountered withe the Qvec_s function.
I was able to comment out the definition of function2 and break up the
function into smaller pieces like:

function  = s=ldf(hght)//ldfh
!function2=v=smul(quo(-4.9e11,ldf(pres)),vasv(qvec(ldfh,vlav(geo)),kcrs(grad(ldfh))))
function2=s=quo(-4.9e11,ldf(pres))//term1
function3=v=smul(term1,vasv(qvec(ldfh,vlav(geo)),kcrs(grad(ldfh))))

This appears to be handled fine. The problem may be that working heap needed for
the function has increased past what I defined for the UPC distribution.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support