20000301: Gempak

Ka Kit,

Gempak requires the X display to be running the default visual id
in 8 bit pseudocolor mode. You should be able to see if this
is the case using the xdpyinfo command to that display.

If you are using a truecolor visual for that default display,
you will have to reconfigure it.

An example of a previous message dealing with this same issue is shown at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/3373
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/3369

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support