20000229: station indices for soundings

Darrell,

The sndiag program computes many indicies, and is in the current Unidata
distribution tarfile (gets built by default, the source is in
$NAWIPS/unidata/programs/sndiag). See the online phelp for more information.

Here is a quick snip from the help documentation on the
parameters computed:

    Output paramters from SNDIAG to the output sounding file are:

        HGHT    Height (the vertical coordinate)
        PRES    Pressure
        TEMP    Temperature in Celsius
        DWPT    Dewpoint temperature in Celsius
        UWND    U-component of the relative wind
        VWND    V-component of the relative wind
        THTV    Virtual potential temperature
        BVIN    Brunt-Vaisala freq / Intrinsic freq
        BVFQ    Brunt-Vaisala frequency
        RICH    Richardson number
        SCOR    Scorer parameter
        SCR1    Term 1 of the Scorer parameter
        SCR2    Term 2 of the Scorer parameter
        UCVR    Wind curvature of the U-component
        DUDZ    U-component of the shear
        DVDZ    V-component of the shear
        FLXA    Air flux across a squall line
        FLXM    Moisture flux across a squall line
        HELC    Helicity
        UABS    U-component of the non-rotated wind
        VABS    V-component of the non-rotated wind
        SHRD    Shear direction of the non-rotated wind
        SHRM    Shear magnitude of the non-rotated wind
        RRCH    Relative richardson number
        LATI    Balloon latitude (Needs RANG and AZIM in input file)
        LONI    Balloon longitude (Needs RANG and AZIM in input file)

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support