20000202: pl15 strange behavior

Chris,

I ran gpcolor and set colors=101=white, ran that and then
gdcntr again and produced a new gempak.gif file.
Again, I had no problems. This was with the DISPLAY variable set
back to my computer.

I tried to set the display to shear:0 and received the terminating gf
message that you received below.

I was unable to look at the core file with the gf executable using dbx.
That is strange.

It looks to me like you are running CDE, is this correct?
I looked in your make.out file and didn't see anything that jumped out at
me. It might be as simple as an OS patch that we have and you don't
for example.

I'll rebuild your distribution with the -g flag defined in your
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.sol file to see if that makes a difference.

Steve