20000203: Ulog compile problems

>From: Bob Lane <address@hidden>

>I am building GEMPAK in a Sun Ultra 10. I got the following message while
>compiling the LDMLOG library. It has prevented the build of executables in
>the DC library:
>
>"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/rusage.h line 25: incomplete struct/union/enum
>timeval: ru_time"

Bob,

You have a different GEMPAK distribution than we have and provide to
our supported sites, so I cannot tell exactly what you have done-
however, I can tell you that you should not be including
anything from the /usr/ucbinclude directory. Perhaps you have
added this definition to your configuration? If so, then you
should definitely not be doing this.

The only LDM logging routine used by the dc programs under solaris
is ulog.c (which includes ulog.h). The build of ulog.c under solaris
here looks like:

ln -s /home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/include/ulog.h .
cc -DUNDERSCORE -DSunOS -O -DGEMPAK -DSTDC -D_DEV_CONSLOG  -c ulog.c
ar rv /home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/lib/sol/bridge.a *.o
a - ulog.o

You can see that the cc invocation does not define any non-standard search
paths for the include -I.

Steve Chiswell