200021: 2000131: Gempak Gemenviron file

Ka Kit,

You have to create the directory that $SAT points to.

I logged in and sourced Gemenviron, and successfully echoed GEMDATA.

halo{root}% source Gemenviron
halo{root}% echo $GEMDATA
/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak

halo{root}% echo $SAT
/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/images/sat
halo{root}% ls $SAT
/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/images/sat: No such file or directory

So, the Gemenviron file is correctly setting the variables to what you have
defined, but you will have to create the $SAT directory which should be
$GEMDATA/images/sat. The TEXT_DATA directory that nwx will use will
also need to exist. Presumably you will have your LDM create these data
products.

The primary problem I see is that you have installed the Gempak distribution
into the same tree that you are using as your GEMDATA tree. While this will
not prevent you from using the software, it will be quite messy to maintain.
Typically, the gempak distribution is installed somewhere like /home/gempak or
/usr/local/gempak, and the data ($GEMDATA) is under the ~ldm/data/gempak tree
but the gempak data tree is not the same tree as $NAWIPS.

At any rate, you will want to create your pqact.conf entries for your LDM to
create the data products that Gempak will use.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support