20000127: gprcm

Tim,

The gprcm source is available in our gbuddy ftp directory under:
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/contrib/gprcm.tar.Z along with a README
file I made for the announcememt. If you don't know the login/password
for our ftp site, Bob Roxumalski can give it to you.

Note that the tarfile has an update to $GEMTBL/grid/grdnav.tbl
which defines 906 as the grid information
RCM  906 STR  90 -105   0  23.090 -119.036  45.619  -60.000 113  89 3.75 0

You might just want to past this line into your file rather than installing
my file if your distribution has local modifications to the table.

Asside from the README, here is my original announcement:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gembud-list/1295

The RCM data is part of the standard NOAAport data stream.

I've attatched my radarsummary script as I run it here for producing gifs
(the one on the www page is a little more generic):

#!/bin/csh -f

source /home/gempak/Gemenviron
setenv DISPLAY laraine:1

cd /home/chiz/web/tmp
set DATE=`date -u '+%y%m%d'`
set DATTIM=`date -u '+%y%m%d/%H%M'`

if(-e radar_sum.gif) rm radar_sum.gif

# list in reverse order so gprcm can skip
# duplicates faster
set RCM=`ls -r /data/ldm/rcm/*_rcm.dat | head -3`
set SATF=`ls $SAT/GINI-US/8km/IR/IR* | tail -1`
if($#RCM < 1) then
   echo "no radar data"
   exit
endif

set PROJ='STR/90.0;-105.0;0.0'
set SATF=" "
set DITHER=0

set RCM1=/tmp/tmprad.$$
cat $RCM > $RCM1
echo RCM file $RCM1 '[' $RCM ']'

gprcm << EOF_RCM
 MAP      = 2
 GAREA    = AFUS
 PROJ     = $PROJ
 SATFIL   = $SATF
 RADFIL   =
 LATLON   = 0
 PANEL    = 0
 TITLE    = 1/0/Radar Summary ${DATTIM}
 TEXT     = .9/21/1/hw
 CLEAR    = YES
 DEVICE   = gf|radar_sum.gif
 RCMFIL   = $RCM1
 RADTIM   = current
 RADDUR   = 50
 DITHER   = $DITHER
 MESO     = 5/2/1/2/hw
 TVS      = 5/1/1/2/hw
 CNTR     = 1/.7/1
 MAXTOP   = 1
 RADINFO  = 1
 ECHO      = 1
 CLRBAR   = 1/h/cc/.45;.06

EOF_RCM

gpend
rm $RCM1

if(-e radar_sum.gif) mv radar_sum.gif /dist/htdocs/staff/chiz/gifs