20000126: Gempak to PC X display

Glenn,

The keyboard mapping messages are warnings and are likely not what
is causing ntl to die.

The X_AllocColorCells error you are showing is typical of trying to color map
a true color display. Gempak can only display to an 8 bit (pseudoclor)
default visual. The xdpyinfo should show what the default visual
of your X display is. You should ensure that this is an 8 bit visual.

You can have other visuals of 16, 24 etc out there, but the default
visual must be 8 bits.

A similar problem is shown on our www pages at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/3060

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support