20000120: dcreanal program

>From: Emily K Grover <address@hidden>

>Hi Steve,
>
>You helped me with the dcreanal program a few months ago. I had leave that
>work for a bit and am coming back to it now. Once again, I have a found a
>snag. I am trying to compile dcreanal.c and it gives me the following
>errors:
>
>ventisca% cc dcreanal.c
>cpp: "dcreanal.c", line 11: error 4036: Can't open include file
>'netcdf.h'.
>cpp: "dcreanal.c", line 12: error 4036: Can't open include file 'ulog.h'.
>cpp: "dcreanal.c", line 13: error 4036: Can't open include file 'gemprm.h'
>
>netcdf.h is in the same directory as the program, but it still won't open
>it. As for ulog.h and gemprm.h... I couldn't find them anywhere in my
>netcdf directory structure. Any ideas?
>
>Thank you,
>Emily
>Emily K. Grover                                        MMMMMM     MMMMMM
>University of Michigan                           MMMMM     MMMMM
>Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences         MMMMMM   MMMMMM
>Mesoscale Meteorology Laboratory                 MMMMMMM MMMMMMM
>734.764.0564                                     MMMM MMMMM MMMM
>                                                 MMMM  MMM  MMMM
>                                                MMMM       MMMM
>                                               MMMMMM     MMMMMM

Emily,

You should be using the Makefile that is in the dcreanal directory to
build the program, by executing "make".

The Makefile defined the location of files on your system using variables
in your csh environment  (obtained through sourcing the Gemenviron file).
The gemprm.h and ulog.h files are found in the $GEMPAKHOME/include directory
which the makefile specifies using the -I$(GEMINC) flag tocc.
The $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.common also defines the path to NETCDFINC
and NETCDF for the header and library respectively- though the c compiler
should find netcdf.h in the current working directory by Using -I.

Steve Chiswell