20000116: pl15 strange behavior

Chris,

The queues shown by ipcs are those that are orphaned
when you had to ctrl-c out of the program.

Remove the queues with the ipcrm command like "ipcrm -q 1" etc.,
the scroll of the mailbox messages occurs when the process tries to
attatch to the orphaned queue.

After you remove the queues, try running again. It could be that
you were unable to connect to the X display the first time, or
that there was a queue already in use. Let me know if the
problem persists. Its possible that a copy of gplt that
had been running previously (before pl15) was still in use at
the time.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support