20000103: Gemlib update for satellite image labels

Devin,

The answer to your NSAT label question is:

> >> Nsat also needs to be updated for the "19" hardcoded in the title bar
> >> if you use that program.
> >> In $NAWIPS/nprogs/nsat/source/file.c, around line 79 should be updated
> >> from:
> >>
> >>    sprintf(tmpdate, "%s %s 19%s", day, months[m-1], year);
> >>
> >> to:
> >>
> >>         if(year[0] < '2')
> >>            sprintf(tmpdate, "%s %s 20%s", day, months[m-1], year);
> >>         else
> >>            sprintf(tmpdate, "%s %s 19%s", day, months[m-1], year);

To answer the other common questions regarding GEMPAK and Y2K-

If you are having trouble with dcgrib and file names, this was fixed
in the pl12 distribution issued in July. You can also download
the fixed dcgrib.tar.Z from ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/patches/dcgrib.tar.Z.
Unpack from $NAWIPS with: zcat dcgrib.tar.Z | tar xvf -
and build with:
cd $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcgrib
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

The problem with Satellite lables being incorrect and/or programs
crashing was fixed with the imar2gm.f patch.

I will post a completely patched distribution as pl15 in the
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4 distribution with the patch14 and 15
installed.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport