20000104: garp segentation fault

>From: "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>

>Support,
>
>Since the start of the new year, I have been getting nothing but
>segmentation faults when trying to veiw sat pics(data). I have
>installed Chiz'z latest patch. Nsat works fine although giving 1900
>as the year, but no segmentation faults.
>
>What in the way of infromation, build logs, environment would you
>need from me to maybe help me with this problem.
>
>Thanks
>
>mjl
>
>-
>  Dr. Mark J. Laufersweiler     |
>  School of Meteorology         | If "con" is the opposite of "pro,"
>  University of Oklahoma        |   then what is the opposite of
>  address@hidden                |             progress?
>  (405) 325-6032                |
>  (405) 325-7689  (fax)         |

Mark,

The message I sent out yeaterday about fixing the imar2gm.f routine
is what is needed to correctly display the satellite strings. Some
platforms will core dump when trying to display the garbage- while
some systems just display the garbage characters.

Nsat also needs to be updated for the "19" hardcoded in the title bar
if you use that program.
In $NAWIPS/nprogs/nsat/source/file.c, around line 79 should be updated from:

        sprintf(tmpdate, "%s %s 19%s", day, months[m-1], year);

to:

        if(year[0] < '2')
           sprintf(tmpdate, "%s %s 20%s", day, months[m-1], year);
        else
           sprintf(tmpdate, "%s %s 19%s", day, months[m-1], year);

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support