20000104: Problem with Gempak5.4 patch 14 for Garp

>From: Mike Leuthold <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>       I'm having a problem with Garp crashing when displaying McIDAS
>GOES area files from the IDD.  Garp will crash when selecting any image
>for display. Nsat can display them fine, and Garp will display other AREA
>files, such as our own hires GOES imagery and nids files.  Have you had
>anyone else report problems?
>       I am also having trouble with gprcm now.  It was working up until
>a few days ago (after the new year) however, I've changed quite a bit of
>software (gempak for example).  I get 'failed to read radar projection
>#906'.  I've tried going back to older versions of gempak, thinking the
>problem may be there, and older pqact thinking something isn't decoding
>correctly, but neither has helped.  Any reported problems here or is it
>something I've done.
>thanks.
>

>Mike Leuthold
>Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
>University of Arizona
>address@hidden
>520-621-2863

Mike,

did you install and update the imar2gm.f routine I made available yesterday?
This will fix a bug in the titles when reading the 3 digit years in the
IDD areafiles (GEMPAK expecte 2 or 4 digits). I announced the availability
yesterday afternoon- so you might not have gotten to it yet.

Also, for the gprcm, you can enter at the end of the $GEMTBL/grid/grdnav.tbl
file:
RCM  906 STR  90 -105   0  23.090 -119.036  45.619  -60.000 113  89 3.75 0