19991229: GARP is not quite Y2K compliant!

>From: David Ovens <address@hidden>

David-

>I have generated some GEMPAK files with dates of 000101/1200 F00
>through F12.  Garp is labelling the date as Jan 01 1970, but is
>listing these times after 991229/ stuff in the "Model Plan View"
>window.  So, it looks like part of it thinks it's the year 2000 while
>another part thinks it's 1970.  Any idea on how to easily fix this?

Steve Chiswell is out of town until next week and he knows the most
about GARP's inner workings.  In the mean time, can you put one of
your grid files out on an FTP site so I can download it and take
a look?  For the files we have that have forecast periods into
the new year, the labelling is correct.  But they all have analysis
times before the new year.

I'm a little unclear about what you mean in the second sentence.
Could you please clarify this?

Don Murray