19991206: garp widget errors

David,

It could be that your CDE or Motif libraries have been
upgraded or changes, or something is different in the scaling or
offset computation which the X server is using to place the widgets.
Is this something that has changes recently- or always has been off?

If Garp core dumps when trying to read a model data set, you should use
gdinfo to list out the contents of the file. Typically, if something
used to work, and now isn't, then an unidentified grid has come
in and Garp may barf when trying to make a menu item for it.

Things to check include, a grid that gdinfo shows the vertical coordinate
being blank or a grid with no parameter name. If we know what model
and level or parameter is offensive, we can update the $GEMTBL/grid
tables in your distribution if they are not in sync with those
in the current revision.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport