19991105: Displaying satellite float imagery

>From: address@hidden (Chris Hennon)

>Steve -
>
>I want the graphics area in sfmap to be the GOES-8 float image.  Is it
>possible to set up a script so that sfmap knows to change graphics areas
>when the float image changes regions?  Optimally I would like the float
>image to cover most of the graphics window.  Thanks.
>
>Chris

Chris,

You can have any Gempak program use the area within the satellite image
by specifying garea=dset, proj=sat. You do not have to try to assign
lat/lon boundaries to the image.

Gempak programs will display the image when clear = yes. If you want to
use the satellite area projection without displaying the image,
set clear=no.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport