19991104: NSAT GAREA

Chris,

I entered your CHRS area in my geog.tbl and ran:
 AREA     = dset
 GAREA    = chrs
 SATFIL   = /data/ldm/mcidas/AREA0130
 RADFIL   =
 SFPARM   = pmsl
 DATTIM   = 1200
 SFFILE   = $SAO/19991104_sao.gem
 COLORS   = 5
 MAP      = 2
 LATLON   = 0
 MARKER   = 0
 TITLE    = 1/-1
 CLEAR    = YES
 PANEL    = 0
 DEVICE   = xw
 PROJ     = sat
 FILTER   = 1
 TEXT     = .9/21/1/hw
 SKPMIS   = YES
 LUTFIL   = default
 STNPLT   =
 GEMPAK-SFMAP>

Everything plotted OK. So, you should check your geog.tbl entry and make
sure that you have all spaces in that line, and not any tabs etc.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support