19991103: GEMPAK--GPOINT and station list

>From: weather <address@hidden>

>I have a CGI script on my web page that generates
>forecast wind profiles using gdthgt.  It works fine
>except it does not work with the Europrean 4-letters.
>Whatever station list gpoint is using these are not there.
>How can I tell it to use something like sfworld.tbl?
>It work fine for the Euro stations if I enter a
>lat/lon.
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax
>

>NSBF Meteorology

Robert,

The relevant gempak routine is LC_FLOC. This routine searches in order:
sfstns.tbl
snstns.tbl
snworld.tbl

I think the third table should be sfworld rather than snworld
so I'm going to change it here as well.

After changing $GEMPAKHOME/src/gemlib/lc/lcfloc.f
recompile that routine with:
cd $GEMPAKHOME/src/gemlib/lc/
make clean
make all
make clean

Then rebuild gdthgt so that it links agains the updated gemlib:
cd $GEMPAKHOME/src/programs/gd/gdthgt
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

Alternatively, you can place a link from sfworld.tbl to snworld.tbl in
the directory you are running gdthgt from since it should look in the
current working directory for the table first, then try in $GEMTBL/stns
if it is not a local table.

Steve CHiswell