19991029: changing Ntrans default background color

David,

The reason that your NC meta file does not have a white background
in Ntrans even after you set color 101 to white in your application
which produced the nc file is that the meta file is not a picture
like a gif file. Instead, it is the drawing commands that produce the
picture. Since the background is not "drawn", only the lines, text and
color fills are part of the nc metafile.

If you want the background color in Ntrans to be white, the simplest way to
do this after launching ntrans is to "click" on the "Active Colors:"
number 0 at the bottom of the plot. This is the background color.

Clicking on the color tile at the bottom of the plot will pop up a color
selection widget. Click on the white "31" box in the color pallete
and that will change color 0 to white. Then, click on the "Save Color"
button and then "close".

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support