Re: 19991004: Gempak problem - no map backgrounds

Greg,

Often when I have lots of scripts to run, I make each of them create
their own temporary working directory using the process number, eg:

cd $GEMDATA/tmp
set WORK=ruc_gdplot.$$
mkdir $WORK
cd $WORK

rm -f *
cd ..
rmdir $WORK

Its possible that multiple scripts could have stomped on the running .nts
files. Since you explicitely set $MAPFIL in your script, I would have
thought that this would have worked.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support