19990920: dcreanal program

Emily,

The gemprm.prm file entry in the dcreanal directory will be
a link to the appropriate influde file in the $GEMPAKHOME/include
directory.

If this file name exists, but you can't open it, then it sounds like
it was originally created when you ran make without the Gemenviron being
sourced.

Try the following:

1) run "make clean"
   this will clean out everything, including the gemprm.prm links

2) Make sure you have sourced $NAWIPS/Gemenviron into your csh environment
   You can make sure your environment is corectly set by typing
   "echo $NA_OS" and "echo $GEMPAKHOME".

   The first echo command should respond with: hpux for your hp machine.
   The second should point to your $NAWIPS/gempak5.4 directory.

3) Now try "make all"

   If this still complains that gemprm.prm can't be opened, try looking
   at where the link is pointing with:

   "ls -l gemprm.prm"

   This should look like:
   gemprm.prm -> /home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/include/GEMPRM.HPUX

   The link is created from your platform specific GEMPRM.HPUX file in
   the $GEMPAKHOME/include directory to the gemprm.prm file.

   Typically, if the $NA_OS environmental variable was not set before running
   "make all", then you would get a symbolic link to GEMPAK. without your
   operating system type extension added to the file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support