19990903: 1999825: 19990820: Gempak/Linux difficulty

>From: Geff Underwood <address@hidden>

Bill and Geff,

Don Murray corresponded with you while I was on vacation.
I now have Gempak executables for RedHat6.0.

I have placed executables for RH 6.0 in:
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary/linux/redhat6.0/linux60_progs.tar.gz

This tar file provides all gempak programs compiled under 6.0
except those which require Motif (eg the GUI applications).
RH 6.0 breaks all previously compiled libraries which utilize
standard error output, including the third party Motif Library,
which has not been updated by the manufacturer to this point.

All programs except the GUIs have been built under 6.0 at this
time, except the GUI's which cannot be linked until Motif is available.
The GUIs do not use the message queue facility, so appear to
run acceptably under 6.0.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <