19990826: Gempak 5.4.12 and Digital Unix

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

>I cannoet get gempak to build under digital unix - I always get a Unresolved
>reference when loading gplt.  Do you see this?
>

>--
>Dr. Harry Edmon                        E-MAIL: address@hidden
>(206) 543-0547                 FAX:    (206) 543-0308
>Dept of Atmospheric Sciences
>University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Harry,

I'm running under Dec Unix 4.0 without problems, but I have seen cases
where the "ar" command on Dec Alphas will return in the make process
and then the next subdirectory gets compiled and ar'd which clobbers
the archive which hadn't been flushed to disk yet. As a result, make
builds cleanly, but when trying to link, you can get unresolved
references for archive members that somehow don't show up in the
archive list.

Try going back to $NAWIPS and running "make all" again. You should
see additional members of the archives being added if the above
case is true. You may have to run make clean first if OSF/1 doesn't
like trying to make the symbolic GEMINC links. Running Make clean
will not remove the library archives so that won't cause you to have
to do a complete rebuild.

Steve Chiswell