19990720: Gempak Questions

Mark,

The GARP_PATH environmental variable is typically set by sourcing
the Gemenviron file as:
   setenv GARP_PATH $GARPHOME/config

Garp uses the variable to look for the Garp_defaults file in
the above directory. If you obtain case studies, or have archived
data with different file name than your Garp_defaults expects with
its keys, then you can create an alternate Garp_defaults file and place it in
another location and reset your GARP_PATH variable before launching Garp.

I suspect case study data sets may need different keys than Unidata
real-time data sets- for instance they might have MM5, NOGAPS, or other
models, mesonets or different surface networks etc, so the ability
to use an alternate GARP_PATH variable is definitely needed.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support