19990712: viewing files in GARP

>From: Michelle Tuorto <address@hidden>

>Hi - I am having trouble viewing satellite data in GARP.  Any hints?
>I am trying to open up directories containing a day's worth of data
>(visible, infrared, water vapor, raobs, sfc text) in GARP using an
>ntl.case command, but it keeps telling me that the keylist is null, and it
>doesn't load the data into GARP.  No one here seems to know how to remedy
>it.  Thanks for your help.
>
>Michelle Tuorto

>Michelle Tuorto
>University of Michigan Atmospheric Science
>Mesoscale Meteorology Lab
>734.764.0564 (W)
>734.623.9377 (H)
>address@hidden

Michelle,

Garp expects the $SAT environmental variable to be set in your
csh environment to find the root of the satellite directory tree.

Presumably your ntl.case command would set the $SAT variable to be at
the root of your case study tree- so you may need to edit the script
to define where the data sets reside on your system. Typically everything
is relative to a root directory for the case study under which all your
data would reside.

The $NAWIPS/Gemenviron script is typically used to set the location
of environmental variables for data sets used with realtime IDD feeds using
$SAT, $NTRANS_META, $GEMDATA, $HDS, and $TEXT_DATA. The ntl.case script
probably redefines these variables for its own tree- which may need to be
defined if you aren't laung from the top of the data tree.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support