19990708: garp

>From: "Khalid I. Al-Wali" <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I have NAWIPS-5.4 on my sun ultrasparc unix machine.  Everything works
>except garp.  Here is what I get when I type garp
>

>umaql% garp
>ld.so.1: garp: fatal: libXm.so.3: can't open file: errno=2
>Killed
>umaql%
>

>Thanks,
>
>-Khalid

>Khalid Ibrahim Al-Wali
>U-M School of Public Health
>SPH I
>109 S. Observatory, Rm. 1535
>Ann Arbor, Michigan  48109-2029
>
>Phone:  734-647-5932
>Fax:    734-764-9424
>e-mail: address@hidden

Khalid,
The message you obtained means that the Motif library isn't included in
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You probably need the environmental variable
set with at least:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/dt/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib

Since Sun does not place their libraries in the /usr/lib search path,
they require the use of the above environmental variable to
tell the operating system where to look for the libraries.

Steve Chiswell