19990617: ascii gdlist output

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Mark Lilly wrote:

> hello i am a student at millersville university and i am trying to read a
> grib message using dcgrib and then if possible write this to an ascii
> file.  i do not know if i should be asking you this question but if you
> can help me or understand what i am asking i really appreciate it.  is it
> even possible.  once i have used dcgrib i have done a gdlist an i can see
> on the screen what i want but i am having trouble sennding it to an output
> file.  thanks again for your time.  mark

Mark,

If you want to send the gdlist output to a file, you should
set the OUTPUT parameter to f/filename. The f means send the
output to a file (as opposed to T which sends it to a terminal),
and filename is the output file name you want. If you omit the
filename, then the output will be written to a file called gdlist.fil.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport
address@hidden