19990525: Gempak x-windows problem

Tom,

The first test would be to run xdpyinfo to verify what the default visual
is, 8 or 24 bits.

If it is 24 bits, then it is something that is configured in the
Xserver, like a defaultdepth (defdepth 24), which you would want to
remove. This is a configuration that is systemwide if you are running
the CDE server, so you would have to have your system administrator
configure this.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport