19990519: gdplot

Steve,

The time range seems to work for me in gdplot from a gdstat
avehght field on my Irix machine, but I know I made a fix to gdplot
back in January to fix a string length problem in the time
variable. It could be that your aix is just nice enough to
get away with that bug. Look in your $GEMPAKHOME/src/programs/gd/gdplot
directory and see if you have an update to gdbtim.f after Jan 28 this
year. I posted my gdplot directory which you can use to update and
recompile/link your gdplot and give it a try.
You can download this from ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/patches/gdplot.tar.Z
and untar from the $NAWIPS directory - it will unpack into the
gempak5.4/src/programs/gd/gdplot. Rebuild gdplot with:
cd $GEMPAKHOME/src/programs/gd/gdplot
make clean
make
make install
make clean

If you already have the gdbtim.f update, then maybe you could
ftp your grid file to ~gbuddy/incoming and I'll try to duplicate
your problem.

If you ever make any changes to array sizes in gemprm, then you have to
recompile the complete gemlib since the common block sizes are defined
there. I just mention that incase you just recompiled programs
without building the new libraries- since common block offsets would
be totally off the wall. I don't think thats a problem here...
but worth mentioning.

Steve