19990414: Is there a GEMPAK routine for decoding NEXRAD data?

Dave,
GEMPAK is able to read the NIDS imagery files, as well as 4x4km gridded
data sets in Gempak format that NCEP provides.

As I recall, the problem with Gemenviron is that your PATH prior to
sourcing the file was incredibly long and complicated. When the Gemenviron
file is sourced into your environment, you will find that it adds
the $GEMEXE path to the end of your path- and that may be what is too long
for the csh to handle (presumably you are using the vendor /bin/csh
and not some tcsh or otherreplacement). What you probably need to do
is just have the script define your path with the GEMEXE path,
rather than having it attempt to concatenate the path to your
current working path.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support