Re: Re[4]: ACARS data

Greg,
they are moving to a new building at the moment.
I assume that they will start feeding the data soon- but in
the meantime I started grabbing the hourly files from their
WWW site.

I use the follwing script to grab data from their www page using the
get_acars.pl script they provide on the WWW page, and the GET perl
program.

#!/bin/csh -f

source /home/gempak/Gemenviron

$ACARS/get_acars.pl | dcacars -v \
   -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/tables -l acars.log \
   $GEMDATA/acars/YYMMDDHH_acars.gem

With the above script, I just pipe the netcdf file from the perl download
striaght to dcacars. When we start getting the CDF files via LDM, then
I'll just PIPE the file to dcacars.

When they start feeding via their LDM, then the data will be every 10
minutes, rather than having to wait until each hour is completed on the
www.

I'll pass your message to Linda Miller to see if she has any more
information on an LDM timetable.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support