LDM Gempak Decoder Problem

Unidata,

I am having a small problem with the dcnldn decoder that I was hoping you
could take a look at.  I have all file permissions set correctly and am
using the correct syntax in the pqact.conf file.  The problem is that the
encoder in question does no do any output to the file.  At each hour, it
will create the file for that hour, but not put any data into it.  It was
working fine till about noon today and went to pot.  The MCIDAS decoders
decode the nldn data fine.  I even tried to move the dcnldn to the top of
the pqact file to see if that helped, but it did not.  It did ingest about
10 minutes worth of data, but then crapped out as well.  I had the server
crash over the weekend (a important lesson that teaches me the importance
of a server backup :)) and I had to salvage what I could as far as config
files. Fearing that a corrupt config was the problem, I rebuilt the pqact
from scratch from examples downloaded from Unidata's website.  Still will
not work.  We have certain factions that are McIDAS and some that are Garp
and would like to keep both running together.

Since I have your attention, there are some general info questions that I
would like to ask since you guys have had so much more experience at this.
Since the server crashed, I decided to start getting much more data than
we were before.  That includes the grib and text data on top of the McIDAS
stuff.  In your experience, am I biting off more then I can chew?  The
base system is a P200 and memory is 64Meg.  The pipeline is a split T1.
HD space is not an issue.  I know that there are other factors to consider
here, but a general opinion on this would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, since you guys are poking around in the system (hopefully), could
you take a look in the ldmd.log file and just browse a bit to see if there
is something glaring that I missed.  As always, I would greatly appreciate
it.

The gempak and mcidas directories are members of the same group as ldm and
have full read write stuff enabled.

Bryan Rockwood:  address@hidden
System Administrator, Creighton University, Atmospheric Sciences
"I drank what?!" -- Socrates